Croydon BID, working with pioneering design company Designs In Air, bring you Unexpected Croydon – an inflatable 3D street art gallery, featuring a series of ‘unexpected’ sights which will leave visitors saying – “surely, I did not just see that!”
Local residents, workers and visitors alike can expect shock, awe, and excitement of gigantic proportions at the following locations:
- Paintbrush – Fairfield Halls, Park Lane, CR9 1DG
- Rocket – AMP house, Dingwall Rd, East Croydon, CR0 2LX
- Lizard – Ruskin Square Car Park, Dingwall Rd, East Croydon, CR0 2NB
- Monster fingers – LSBU Campus, 3 Wellesley Rd, Croydon, CR0 2NW
- Eyeballs – Barclays Bank, High Street, North End, CR9 1SX
- Pencil – High Street, North End
- Beanstalk – Croydon Town Hall, Katharine St, CR0 1NX
- Tentacles – Optivo, Grosvenor House, 125 High St, Croydon, CR0 9XP
If that wasn’t enough, Unexpected Croydon trailblazers could be in with a chance to WIN a £100 BOXPARK gift card. All they need to do is share their event pictures or selfies on Instagram and tag @checkoutcroydon and #UnexpectedCroydon.
Luke Egan and Pete Hamilton Aka Filthy Luker and Pedro Estrellas are the inspirational artists behind Designs in Air. Their surreal sculptures have been impressing folks from around the world at major events and exhibitions such as the 2012 Olympics, The Eden Project and Cirque du Soleil.
Our sculptures are often site specific and instantly transform everyday scenes into strange new ones. We hope to get people to look up from their feet and phones and raise a chuckle or at least an eyebrow! Our sculptures can be enjoyed by kids and adults alike, and although our designs are highly technical, it’s not high art, but it is high UP art! The great thing is everyone gets to see our work for free.
The eight inflatable sculptures will be in situ for you to discover until 18th August.
Further information about Unexpected Croydon will be published on Check Out Croydon.